Rosso Piceno D.O.C. Superiore
Red ruby in appearance, with bright garnet highlights, on the nose developed fruit nuances which accent the complexity of the red summer fruits. Hints of strawberry jam, cherries and prunes compliment the fresh floral aromas ending with a dried note of carob, a hint of balsamic, and light spices of black pepper and clove. On the palate, a determined and powerful entry that leads to dry, soft and savoury flavors with good tannic structure. Well-balanced with a long finish that hints of eucalyptus and balsamic jam.
Ideal serving temperature: 19° C in the glass.
- First year of production: 1987
- Grapes: Montepulciano 70%, Sangiovese 30%
- Number of bottles: 21.000
- Soil composition: clayey with exposure and altitude: South-West, 230-250 mt a.s.l.
- Training system: espalier system, spurred cordon
- Yield/hectare: 8 tons
- Cares in the preparation: grape harvest in mid-end October, hand picking with grape selection. Vinification through maceration under controlled temperature (not higher than 28°C)
- Refinement: Ageing for 24 months in 50 hl Slavonian oak barrels and refining in bottle for at least 6 months