Rosso Piceno Denominazione di Origine Controllata
Clear and transparent ruby red color with slight purple hints and great vivacity. On the nose, red florals and summer fruits, plums and cherries predominated with soft orange citrus hints. The palate the wine is dry and fresh with balanced tannins. The finish is long with lovely hints of the red fruits and citrus.
Ideal serving temperature: 18° C by the glass.
- First year of production: 1981
- Grapes: 50% Sangiovese, 50% Montepulciano
- Soil composition: clay with South-East/South-West exposure and altitude 200 – 250 mt a.s.l.
- Training system: Espalier System, Spurred Cordon
- Yield/hectare: 12 tons
- Harvest begins in late September, hand-picked. Vinification through maceration under controlled temperature (not higher than 28°C)
- Refinement: 4 months in steel tanks and at least 2 months in bottle
This Estate is dedicated to our younger vines and is situated in an environment of considerable value near the medieval towns of Ripatransone, Grottammare and Cossignano. This land descends into the valley of the Tronto River, in the southern Marche region, and offers large conservational areas and breathtaking scenery. Scattered with deep ditches and snow-white limestone canyons, that wind 30 kilometers toward the Fiobbo Stream, this “badlands” microclimate creates an ideal environment for viticulture. The cliffs provide natural shelter and rainwater and combined with the intense daytime heat and cool night temperatures this complex ecosystem helps to define our authentic heritage that is based on indigenous bio-diversity.