San Basso Estate
Marche Indicazione Geografica Tipica Passerina
Bright straw yellow in appearance accented with vivid greenish hints. On the nose there an intensity and complexity that begins with floral notes of white fresh acacia flowers and continues with citrus flavors of lime, tangerine then hints of ripened apriocts. The palate is determined with evident freshness, great acidity and balance. A long, pleasant finish with fruity hints of citrus and yellow fresh summer fruits.
Ideal serving temperature: 8° C by the glass.
- First year of production: 2008
- Grapes: 100 % Passerina
- Soil composition: Clay and sandy with South-East exposure and altitude, 230-250 mt a.s.l.
- Training system: Espalier System, Double Guyot
- Yield/hectare: 10 tons
- Harvest from mid-end September, hand-picked. Vinification with white wine-making, under controlled temperature at 16°C
- Refinement: in steel tanks per 3 months and in bottle minimum 2 months
This Estate is dedicated to our younger vines and is situated in an environment of considerable value near the medieval towns of Ripatransone, Grottammare and Cossignano. This land descends into the valley of the Tronto River, in the southern Marche region, and offers large conservational areas and breathtaking scenery. Scattered with deep ditches and snow-white limestone canyons, that wind 30 kilometers toward the Fiobbo Stream, this “badlands” microclimate creates an ideal environment for viticulture. The cliffs provide natural shelter and rainwater and combined with the intense daytime heat and cool night temperatures this complex ecosystem helps to define our authentic heritage that is based on indigenous bio-diversity.