Falerio Denominazione di Origine Controllata Pecorino
Straw yellow color with intense greenish hints and good viscosity. On the nose the wine has an olfactory intensity with citrusy notes of grapefruit peel, aromatic herbs, white acacia flowers and the white fruit of golden apples and prunes. Mineral notes reference to an almond scent. On the palate the wine is intense and persistent with an evident warm sensation, supported by tasty and fresh notes. The finish is sufficiently long with hints of apple-wort and minerality.
Ideal serving temperature: 8° C by the glass
- First year of production: 1974
- Grapes: 85% Pecorino, 15% other white grapes
- Exposure and altitude: South-West, 200-250 meters a.s.l.
- Soil: clayey – sandy
- Training system: espalier system, spurred cordon
- Yield/hectare: 11 tons
- Grape harvest: mid-end September, hand picking
- Vinification: white wine-making, under controlled temperature at 16°C
- Ageing and refining: 3 months in steel tanks and then bottling
Tarà Estate is dedicated to our younger vines and is situated in an environment of considerable value near the medieval towns of Ripatransone, Grottammare and Cossignano. This land descends into the valley of the Tronto River, in the southern Marche region, and offers large conservational areas and breathtaking scenery. Scattered with deep ditches and snow-white limestone canyons, that wind 30 kilometers toward the Fiobbo Stream, this “badlands” microclimate creates an ideal environment for viticulture. The cliffs provide natural shelter and rainwater and combined with the intense daytime heat and cool night temperatures this complex ecosystem helps to define our authentic heritage that is based on indigenous bio-diversity.