Offida D.O.C.G. Rosso
Intense ruby red in appearance, this wine shows density with notable viscosity. On the nose, evidence of ripe red preserved summer fruits, cherries, raspberries and mulberries are highlighted by the hint of sweet liquorice spices, vanilla with roasted cacao and sweet balsamic notes. The palate has lovely intensity, with bright acidity and a good tannic structure.
Serving temperature 18°C.
- First year of production: 1997
- Grapes: Montepulciano 100%
- Number of bottles: 6.000
- Soil composition: clayey with exposure and altitude: South-West, 230-250 mt a.s.l.
- Training system: espalier system, spurred cordon
- Yield/hectare: 7 tons
- Cares in the preparation: grape harvest in mid-end October, hand picking with grape selection. Vinification through maceration under controlled temperature (not higher than 28°C)
- Refinement: ageing for 24 months in 30 hl Slavonian oak barrels, then 6 months in 500 liter tonneaux. Refining in bottle for at least 6 months