GUIDO COCCI GRIFONI
Offida D.O.C.G. Pecorino
Lovely bright, lemon-yellow appearance. On the nose, fresh and lively, youthful lemon fruit with a hint of aniseed and fennel. The palate is rich with plenty of ripe green apple and lemon complimented by a fresh, well-balanced acidity. The wine has a rich depth of fruit and great minerality. The finish is long and clean, with zesty lemon flavours, a hint of fennel and a touch of saltiness. A typical Cocci Grifoni Pecorino wine with fresh lemony fruits and a strong middle palate, this wine has more minerality and concentration and will age possibly up to ten years.
Serving temperature 12°/14°C.
- First year of production: 2013
- Grapes: Pecorino 100% autochthonous Italic grape variety from Mother Vineyard 1987
- Number of bottles: 2.900
- Soil composition: clayey – sandy with exposure and altitude: North-West, 180 – 250 mt a.s.l.
- Training system: espalier system, double guyot
- Yield/hectare: 7 tons
- Cares in the preparation: grape harvest with hand-picking and selection of grape bunches, from the first ten days of September. Vinification through white wine-making, under controlled temperature at 14/16°C with ecotypical yeasts
- Refinement: left on the lees for over eighteen months in stainless steel tanks and further refining in bottle for at least 6 months