Offida D.O.C.G. Pecorino
Golden yellow with slight greenish hint and crystalline in appearance there is also a lovely vivacity. The aroma is intense with balsamic notes of aromatic herbs, eucalyptus and pennyroyal complimented by hints of yellow summer peaches, citrus fruits and bergamot. The palate is intense and persistent while showing freshness and sapidity. The long finish is complimented by hints of citrus and sage.
Temperature: 8° C by the glass
- First year of production: 1990
- Grapes: 100% Pecorino
- Number of bottles: 29.000
- Soil composition: clayey- sandy with exposure and altitude: North-East, North-West, 180 – 250 mt a.s.l.
- Training system: espalier system, double guyot
- Yield/hectare: 8 tons
- Cares in the preparation: grape harvest in early September, hand picking with grape selection. Vinification through white wine-making, under controlled temperature at 14/16°C
- Refinement: minimum 4/6 months in steel tanks and further refining in bottle for at least 12 months