Marche Rosso I.G.T.
San Basso Estate
Very intense ruby red color with purple hints. Fresh and intriguing bouquet. Cherry and red fruits in the mouth, balanced tannins. Perfect as a happy hour wine, and amazing if paired with fish soup.
Serving temperature 15°/16°C.
- First year of production: 2006
- Number of bottles: 30,000
- Grapes: Montepulciano 60%, Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon 40%
- Exposure and altitude: South-Est/ South-West, 200-250 meters a.s.l.
- Soil: clayey
- Training system: espalier system, spurred cordon
- Yield/hectare: 10 tons
- Grape harvest: from mid-September to the beginning of October, hand picking
- Vinification: skin maceration of red grapes under controlled tempera- ture (not higher than 28°C).
- Renement: 4 months in steel tanks. Further rening in bottle for at least 2 months
- Alcohol: approx.13% vol.
- Shelf Life: 3 – 4 years