Passerina Spumante Brut
San Basso Estate
Straw yellow in color with bright golden hints and lovely mousse. The nose is intense with floral notes of white, fresh acacia flowers, ripe white peaches and freshly harvested tangerines. On the palate the fine bubbles are enchanting. This sparkling wine is well balanced with a long and pleasant freshness.
Ideal serving temperature: 6°/8°C.
- First year of production: 2014
- Grapes: 100% Passerina
- Number of bottles: 10,000
- Soil composition: Clay and sandy with South-East/South-West exposure and altitude, 230-250 mt a.s.l.
- Training system: Espalier System, Double Guyot
- Yield/hectare: 10 tons
- Harvest from the first ten days of September, hand-picked. Vinification with white wine-making under controlled temperature at 16°C
- Sparkling wine-making process: Martinotti – Charmat method, also known as ‘Italian Method’
- Refinement: at least 4 months in bottle
- Alcohol: 12.5% vol.
- Shelf Life: 3 years
San Basso Estate
This Estate is dedicated to our younger vines and is situated in an environment of considerable value near the medieval towns of Ripatransone, Grottammare and Cossignano. This land descends into the valley of the Tronto River, in the southern Marche region, and offers large conservational areas and breathtaking scenery. Scattered with deep ditches and snow-white limestone canyons, that wind 30 kilometers toward the Fiobbo Stream, this “badlands” microclimate creates an ideal environment for viticulture. The cliffs provide natural shelter and rainwater and combined with the intense daytime heat and cool night temperatures this complex ecosystem helps to define our authentic heritage that is based on indigenous bio-diversity.